SEAT, the sports and entertainment industry’s go-to premium seating publication, published a comprehensive piece on Turnkey’s Surveyor Network in the Summer 2015 issue of SEAT. The article, by Turnkey’s Emily Huddell, broke down key Network findings including:
- Net Promoter Score trends by league, facility type, ticket holder type and more.
- A case study of the University of Washington, which used Network data to implement multiple new plan holder retention mechanisms, including the creation of a service department and an incentivized early renewal program.
- An analysis of ticket plan holder demographics (specifically “traditional” plan holders vs. premium plan holders).
- An explanation of a newly emerging service factor that has a significant impact on plan holder satisfaction and renewal.
- A spotlight feature on two NCAA teams who bucked the trend with regard to fan satisfaction.
For more information, please contact us . For more information on SEAT, published by the Association of Luxury Suite Directors (ALSD), or to read the full feature (subscription required), please click here.